The Read-a-thon has begun! I'm figuring things out as I go . . . I just woke up and starting reading! Ha--didn't realize the thing to do was post an opening. Ok, onward!
1. What part of the world are you reading from today? A small town in New Jersey by the beautiful Delaware River.
2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm really enjoying Lila by Marilynne Robinson, which I had already started. So I'd like to just keep going with it .. . although it's probably not the perfect kind of novel for reading in one day or getting a high page count. It's a book you really need to sink into and savor every sentence. My goal is just to get a good chunk of it read today; it doesn't matter if I finish it or not.
3. What snack are you most looking forward to? Oof, I am so new to this, and I didn't pre-plan awesome snacks! We have the usual in the house ... some nice looking watermelon and gala apples! For lunch, I'll be picking up sandwiches from an amazing deli in our town.
4. Tell us a little something about yourself! Well, this is my first read-a-thon--that is probably obvious! My favorite things in life are books, coffee, travel, and family activities with the kids.
5. If this is your first read-a-thon, what are most looking forward to? I'm just trying to get the hang of it and have fun!