Some thoughts as we head into the evening ....
1. It's great to feel part of something that celebrates reading, and that so many other book lovers are participating in at the same time! I am pretty darn sure that I am the only person in my town who knows about this, though.
2. I've heard that some of you do this as part of a fundraiser for a charity. How do you go about that? I'd love to add that element in next time.
3. I don't know how some of you keep active on twitter and your blogs--but at the same time keep up your concentration for reading! I can either follow stuff on twitter, or read books . . . not both at the same time. Perhaps I am too old for this! :)
4. I should have picked up some graphic novels and YA books instead of trying to read a really deep, intense, literary fiction novel! Going to be one of many lessons learned today.
5. Best snack ever: Apple cider donuts from Solebury Orchards in New Hope, Pennsylvania! Folks in my neck of the woods go crazy for these things every autumn, and rightfully so.
Happy Reading to everyone who is participating in the Read-a-thon today! If you are not officially participating, I hope you can carve out a little bit of time with a good book sometime this weekend.